Question: Explain the classification of hydroelectric power plants on the basis of head?
Question: How many types of dams are there on the basis of head height?
Answer: On the basis of the head the dams are divided into three classes.
|Low head||< 30 m|
|Medium head||30-100 m|
|High head||> 100 m|
- Why liquid fuels are preferred over solid fuels
- Why condenser is used in steam power station
- Differentiate two types of boilers in thermal power plants
- Explain the distinguishing feature of nuclear power plant
- How hydroelectric power plants are classified on the basis of head
- What is forebay in hydroelectric power plants
- What is the role of the regenerator in gas power plants
- Why surge tank is built in close conduit Hydroelectric Power Plants
- Differentiate base load and peak load power plants
- Justify the rated voltage V in MVA breaking capacity of circuit breaker
- Types of faults on Power systems
- What is breaking capacity of circuit breakers
- Why Buchholz relay should only be installed with oil immersed transformers
- Why isolator is termed as offload device
- Why overload protection is not required in alternators