Question: How many types of faults exist on the power system and how they are classified?
Answer: Generally four types of faults exist and are classified into two categories.
Symmetrical faults: They give rise to symmetrical equal currents having a displacement of 120°.
Unsymmetrical faults: They gave rise to unsymmetrical currents having unequal displacements.
- Line to line to line fault
- Line to ground
- Line to line
- Double line to ground
- Why liquid fuels are preferred over solid fuels
- Why condenser is used in steam power station
- Explain the distinguishing feature of nuclear power plant
- What is the role of the regenerator in gas power plants
- Why surge tank is built in close condu