Question: Why isolator is known as offload device?
Answer: Isolator is a knife switch responsible for isolating a portion of the circuit from the power system. It should be opened after switching off the connected breakers, or else the current will generate heavy arcs spanning over meters.
- Why liquid fuels are preferred over solid fuels
- Why condenser is used in steam power station
- Explain the distinguishing feature of nuclear power plant
- What is the role of the regenerator in gas power plants
- Why surge tank is built in close conduit Hydroelectric Power Plants
- Differentiate base load and peak load power plants