Question: What is minimum firing angle for three-phase thyristor?
Answer: The minimum firing angle for three-phase thyristor is 30 degrees. Because under that angle the thyristor is already reverse biased by the third thyristor that is already conducting.
If firing angle is between 0 to 30 the circuit works in continuous conduction mode.
Other Basic Questions:
- Why liquid fuels are preferred over solid fuels
- Why condenser is used in steam power station
- Differentiate two types of boilers in thermal power plants
- Explain the distinguishing feature of nuclear power plant
- Explain the pros and cons of Nuclear power plant
- How hydroelectric power plants are classified on the basis of head
- What is forebay in hydroelectric power plants
- What is the role of the regenerator in gas power plants
- Why surge tank is built in close conduit Hydroelectric Power Plants
- Differentiate base load and peak load power plants