T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting site surveys and developing site survey reports, which include the evaluation of existing conditions and recommendations for the design and approach based on the existing conditions, current codes, and the client design criteria.
- Developing the project scope of work, coordinating with subcontractors, and communicating with the client.
- Developing design drawings and specifications for construction following relevant codes and standards. Candidate should be familiar with codes such as NEC, NFPA, and preferably FAA Standards and Orders.
- Developing Material Take Offs (MTO), Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates, and detail Engineer’s Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) for the electrical discipline.
- Compiling design comments and providing technical guidance to CAD designer/drafters, designers, and other engineers working on the same project.
- Providing engineering support during construction. Tasks include reviewing Submittals to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications, responding to Requests for Information (RFI), issuing Field Instructions (FI), and developing independent estimates for potential change orders.
- Developing recommendations to solve unforeseen problems in the field.
- Creating detailed purchase requisitions for material purchase procurement, supplier services, and subcontracts.
- Leading meetings and developing meeting minutes.
- Overseeing subcontractor during construction, as a Resident Engineer, to verify adherence to drawings and specifications.
- Supporting project closeout and lessons learned documentation.
- Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Typical projects may include:
- Commercial power systems.
- Off-grid remote power systems.
- Auxiliary and back-up generator systems, and switchover equipment.
- Lightning protection, grounding and related systems for compliance to codes and FAA Standards and Orders.
- Renovating tenant space (tenant improvement).
- Electrical power distribution systems.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, such as Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Familiar with cloud-based databases, such as MS SharePoint.
- Experience using CAD software such as AutoCAD.
- Self-starter and ability learn and adapt quickly.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program. Engineer in Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) registration is a plus.
- Minimum eight years of electrical engineering work experience.
- Working knowledge of CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering
- Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
- Willingness to travel throughout Alaska for surveys, inspections, and meetings.
- US Citizen or legal resident of the US.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by the Federal Government will be performed.
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.parsons.com.