Job ID 00000286807Date posted 11/08/2021Location Seal Beach, CaliforniaCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing is looking for a Mid-Level Flight Management Systems Service Engineer based out of Seal Beach, CA.
The primary responsibility in this role will be addressing and resolving in-service issues related to airplane flight management systems. In this role, you will also be tasked with: working directly with airline customers to analyze complex flight management system issues, developing and performing tests to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements, and monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. The position requires flexibility to address emergent issues and support important airline meetings off-hours. This position may also require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365.
You will be an integral part of supporting all Boeing Commercial Airplane models in-service and under development, including programs such as 747, 767, 777, 787, 737NG, 737 MAX, 777X, and the next generation of commercial airplanes.
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product life-cycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s of Science degree or higher from an ABET (or equivalent) accredited course of study in an engineering discipline, human factors, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry or related technical field of study
- 3+ years of engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Flight management systems flight simulation experience (desktop, fixed, and/or motion based)
- Flight management systems experience with Boeing or McDonnell Douglas commercial airplane models
- Ability to work occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365
- 3+ years of full time aerospace industry experience with Avionics and/or Electrical Systems
- High-quality written and verbal communication skills
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
This is a non-union represented position
This position is eligible for referral bonus
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.