Job ID 00000285811Date posted 11/03/2021Location Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, CaliforniaCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing Defense Space & Security seeks a Lead Digital ASIC/FPGA Design and Verification Engineer to support the Satellite Capabilities organization and multiple satellite product lines based in El Segundo, CA.
- Utilize high-level architectural documentation along with algorithm description and implement DSP functions for functions such as decimation, interpolation, general filtering, up-down conversion, digital beam-forming, and channelization.
- Develop mathematical models in SystemVerilog to verify design implementation and develop and run scripts and Make files.
- Leads analysis of customer and system requirements and development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
- Leads development of high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
- Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements.
- Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Plans research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Works under minimal direction
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 7 or more years” of experience in Digital ASIC/FPGA design or verification.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 or more years’ experience in digital ASIC/FPGA design and verification, Master’s degree with 10 or more years’ experience in digital design/verification, or PhD degree with 7 years of experience in digital design/verification.
- Experience leading development of architectural approaches from customer and system requirements.
- Experience designing digital ASIC/FPGA architectural design documents (micro-architecture documents with timing diagrams, detailed design blocks, etc.).
- Experience deriving digital ASIC/FPGA requirements specification from higher-level (system or board-level) requirements specifications.
- Experience identifying, tracking, and providing status of technical performance metrics to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Experience leading a team of engineers.
- Experience developing complex and high data rate designs.
- Work experience performing RTL synthesis.
- Work experience performing clock cross domain analysis (CDC).
- Work experience performing Static Timing Analysis and correcting timing violations.
- Work experience writing Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) sequences and virtual sequences.
- Work experience using Linux or Unix terminal commands.
- Experience using scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, shell scripts, etc.
- Experience using Revision Control Systems: Subversion (SVN), CVS, Git.
- Work experience using Object Oriented Programming concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Work experience using Universal Verification Methodology (UVM): Experience creating drivers, monitors, predictors, and scoreboards.
- Work experience creating a self-checking simulation test bench from scratch.
Typical Education / Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 12 or more years’ experience, Master’s with 10 or more years’ experience or PhD with 7 or more years’ experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Eligible for 3ERP
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.