Job ID 00000286952Date posted 11/17/2021Location Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, CaliforniaCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security, Space and Launch division is seeking an Associate Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer (level 2) to work in the El Segundo, CA location. Boeing’s Space and Launch Division manages the company’s major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
- Design and development of state-of-the art Digital Bus and Power Electronics for space-based applications.
- Circuit design, requirements and interface definition, modeling and analysis, testing, performance and design verification.
- Technical support for production and test of space-qualified electronics.
- Work supporting satellite communications systems.
- Supports a production testing environment on various shifts.
- Domestic travel up to 25% of the time.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
A Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) post start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or any technical field
- Two (2) or more years of experience with digital, analog and/or power electronics
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree or higher in electrical engineering.
- Experience with analog circuitry.
- Experience with Digital Bus and Power Electronics Hardware for space applications.
- Experience in the development of test system requirements and verification methodologies
- Experience with leading space application hardware from initial to final acceptance testing.
- Experience with circuit design for Space Applications.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workspace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Eligible for 3ERP
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.