Which of the following is an advantage of carbon brush over the copper brush:
- They are self lubricating in nature
- Less damage in case of sparking
- They are not hard as copper brush
- All of these
Correct answer: 4. All of these
Explanation: All of the given options are advantages of carbon brushes over copper brushes. Here’s a breakdown:
- Self-lubricating in nature: Carbon brushes have a natural lubricating effect during operation, reducing friction and wear on the contacting surfaces.
- Less damage in case of sparking: Carbon brushes tend to produce less sparking compared to copper brushes, leading to reduced damage to the commutator or slip ring.
- They are not as hard as copper brush: Carbon brushes are softer than copper brushes, contributing to lower wear on the commutator or slip ring.