Today Electrical Engineering XYZ shares free formula sheet on basic electrical engineering concepts and topics. The formula sheet contains different formulas on 13 DC and AC topics and is important for all Engineering students who are doing their engineering, and for those who are appearing in various competitive tests. While these formulas are basic concepts everyone in the electrical field is expected to remember them.
Keeping your ease in mind, these formulas are provided in pdf form so that you can download and keep them with you for future reference as well.
List of formulas:
- Resistors in series: You can use this formula to solve two or more than two resistors in the series configuration.
- Resistors in parallel: Use this formula to solve two or more resistors in parallel.
- Kirchhoff’s current law: To calculate current across a node.
- Kirchhoff’s voltage law: To calculate voltage in a loop.
- Inductive reactance: To find reactance of inductor at a specific frequency.
- Capacitive reactance: To find reactance of capacitor at the specific frequency.
- Ohm’s law for ac circuits: Relates current, voltage, and impedance in alternating current circuits.
- Impedance in series: To solve two or more impedances in series.
- Impedance in parallel: To solve two or more impedances in parallel.
- Decibel formulas: 6 formulae on decibels.
- Active power: Calculate the active power which is measured in watts.
- Reactive power: To calculate the reactive power which is measured in VAR.
- Apparent power: To calculate the apparent power which is measured in volt-amperes.
Also, download our free DC Electrical Engineering handbook in which we shared the basic theory of these circuits.