Job ID 00000287085Date posted 11/16/2021Location Hazelwood, MissouriCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
The T-38 SEIT is seeking a highly skilled and driven engineer to join the T-38 technical leadership team. This individual will help the team continue a legacy of excellent customer support and flawless execution on program commitments.
The T-38, is a high altitude supersonic aircraft used by the USAF, NATO, USN, and NASA in various roles but primarily as a training aircraft for lead-in fighter pilot training. The program has unique technical challenges (non-Boeing OEM products) and a wide variety of technical scope. The T-38 Program is currently executing services from all of the Boeing Global Services capabilities with a focus on avionics integration and modernization, engineering and software support services, courseware development and simulator support, field service and COMBS support, and PBL flying hour services.
Although T-38C aircraft in training roles are expected to be replaced by the T-7 over the next 20 years, are expected to remain operational during this transition and in other roles for the foreseeable future. Boeing recently completed a major avionics upgrade and has just been awarded one of the largest Block upgrade efforts in the program’s history along with a separate cockpit displays modernization program. Additional avionics upgrades are actively being sought by the USG for which proposal efforts are underway. Flawless execution of the T-38 program is vital to ensuring that USAF pilots are prepared for front-line fighter assignments and that Boeing continues its role as a leader in high-performance training aircraft on T-38, T-7, and beyond!
- Technical lead for T-38 Avionics Integration Engineering team.
- Responsible for overall technical coordination with the USG customer.
- Provides integration support of SIL/ATD maintenance, repair, and modification activities.
- Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Designs hardware, software and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Currently possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical, electronic or computer engineering.
- Experience in Aerospace engineering or Electrical engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- 5+ years of experience interfacing directly with all of the following: suppliers, external customers, and program management
- 5+ years of experience working with Military or DoD customers
- 3+ years of experience in developing technical requirements for a development program
- 3+ years of experience interpreting various Engineering test data for Avionic and Electrical components
- 5+ years of experience preparing and coordinating technical documentation (engineering drawings, specifications, statements of work).
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (St. Louis, MO).
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.