We are looking for Lead Facility Assessors with a background in Electrical Engineering design, to join our Industrial team to support major clients across the Midwest or eastern US. We allow full remote opportunities, as long as you are willing to travel!
Parsons Industrial Market is a world-class leader in delivering solutions to private sector industrial clients, public utilities and various government agencies. Our key clients in the US and Canada include:
- Hospitals, Laboratories, Pharmaceutical companies
- Utilities and Communication companies
- Chemical manufacturers
- Oil & Gas upstream, midstream and downstream companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Federal, state, and provincial agencies
Our primary services include Facilities Assessments, program and construction management, capital project execution (engineering, procurement and construction), technology development and delivery of comprehensive environmental solutions.
In this role, you will put your expertise in electrical power distribution, lighting, and instrumentation systems to good use for our clients, making design, performance, repair, and replacement recommendations that improve healthcare environments. In addition, you will use Parsons and other client-directed online tools to record information and produce cost estimates for the proposed projects. Responsibilities will include working on professional teams to perform facility assessments and provide consulting support for infrastructure master planning assignments.
- Conduct onsite inspections of electrical systems and equipment, as well as review electrical design drawings, electrical equipment specifications, calculations, and other documents for both large and small assessment projects.
- Assess existing electrical systems and equipment for safety, condition, age, capacity, and design compliance with applicable standards, codes, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the assessment work of other engineers and architects.
- Assist with preparing client presentations and proposal responses.
Required Education/ Professional Registration
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Registered Engineer with 10+ years of electrical engineering and design experience for hospitals/laboratory facilities.
Prefer Candidates with Facilities experience and general knowledge of most of the following:
- AIA Guidelines for Design and Construction of Healthcare Facilities
- NFPA 99 Standard for Healthcare Facilities
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
- NFPA 110 Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems
- UL 1069 Standard for Hospital Signaling and Nurse Call Equipment
- Joint Commission Standards
- OSHPD/Title 24
- RSMeans CostWorks Estimating Tool
- Autodesk Revit BIM software and unified modeling environment
Successful candidates must also have:
- Willingness to travel to client offices and jobsites is expected as well as the ability to perform site and facility walk downs as required to conduct condition assessments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.parsons.com.