Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is a diversified Fortune 100 company, with more than 122,000 people in 100 countries. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations. Our Aerospace group is a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, mechanical products and services to commercial, defense and space industries. The Aerospace headquarters is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Advanced Technology (AT) organization’s charter is to develop new technologies in a range of areas including computing platforms, networks and system development environments; advanced sensors and microsystems; communication, navigation and surveillance systems; human centered systems; advanced graphics and displays; electric power; high-integrity controls; aircraft engines; and advanced vehicle concepts. AT offers excellent opportunities to do multi-disciplinary research.
We currently have an opening, for a Sr. R&D Scientist to work within our Navigation, Controls and Surveillance section of the Advanced Electronics & Services Department of Honeywell Advanced Technology. As a Sr. Scientist you will design and deliver large, complex portions of the technologies that power our solutions and products. You will build a proven record developing technologies and will build deep technical skills and be expected to become a sought-after expert. You will contribute to proposals and program management tasks as needed. We are seeking a candidate with expertise in systems engineering and software with emphasis in development of automation capabilities for commercial and military applications.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· 8 years’ experience in Engineering
· Master’s Degree in Engineering
· Experience with Navigation technologies, control system technologies and surveillance technologies
· System Engineering experience integrating existing technologies to perform new, higher-level functions
· Automation/autonomy techniques for learning, workload reduction, and tactical decision making
· Software Experience (C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink/Auto-code, Python, Linux/Windows/DEOS/VxWorks)
· Rapid Prototyping (C/C++ coding, embedded systems)
· Civil and Military aircraft platform knowledge
· Civil and Military airspace integration and operations knowledge
· Technical task management of small teams (3 or more people)
· Proposal experience
- JOB ID: req316841
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 12001 State Highway 55,Plymouth,Minnesota,55441,United States
- Due to US export
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.