Job ID 00000286204Date posted 11/11/2021Location Hazelwood, Missouri; Saint Charles, MissouriCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
The Boeing Company is seeking Electrical Engineers with experience in Electronic Systems Design and Analysis for current and emerging programs in St. Louis, MO. At Boeing, our EEs develop electronic and electrical system requirements using analytical and technical skills, translate requirements into system architectures and modify hardware and software designs for Boeing aircraft, unmanned vehicles and much more. We have multiple openings in BDS for St. Louis and surrounding regions to support our aircraft, weapons, and engineering capabilities.
These include the following:
- MQ-25 – the new autonomous tanker for the Navy
- T-7A – the next generation trainer for the Air Force
- F/A-18, EA-18G, F-15, F-22 – existing tactical fighter aircraft still in development with ongoing major upgrades
- JDAM, SLAM-ER, Harpoon – fielded weapons systems designed and manufactured at our St. Charles facility
- Engineering Capability Centers – specialized engineering for Platform Cybersecurity, Product Security, Flight Simulation, Radar Development, and Advanced Mission Systems. These Capability Centers support all programs.
Qualified Candidates may have an opportunity to choose a specific assignment. If selected for an interview, a candidate may specify preferred areas of interest.
- Understand and apply job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Develop, document and maintain electronic and electrical system requirements according to customer desires and contract requirements
- Develop statement-of-work and technical performance specifications
- Analyze, translate and implement requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications, showing traceability throughout the product lifecycle
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Resolve product integration issues and production anomalies
- Support fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements
- Designs hardware, software and interface specifications
- Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business need
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of electrical engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering is highly desired
- Applicants must have good communication, analytical, and organizational skills and be able to work in a team environment – previous design team or special project team participation is desired
- Ability to conceive, develop, optimize, maintain and modify electronic/electrical system designs based on requirements is desired
- Ability to provide technical coordination with internal and external suppliers and customers is a plus
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Model-based Engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/A]) is preferred
- Knowledge of data system design, and architectures is desired
- Knowledge of system security design principles and industry and government guidance and regulations which engineers apply to produce secure systems is desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.