Job ID 00000287107Date posted 11/12/2021Location Huntington Beach, CaliforniaCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Under the sea, Maritime Undersea Electrical Engineer System Integration & Test Design Engineer (Level 3), in Huntington Beach, CA. Under the sea, we are redefining the art of the possible, using the power of autonomy. Join our Boeing team to help be part of this emerging technology. Maritime Undersea (MU) is a growing business focused on delivering complex solutions from seabed to space! As a MU Electrical Systems Design Integration and Test Engineer, you will be part of a bi-costal team delivering the best solutions for today’s complex undersea engineering challenges. Our products range from unique Integrated Mission solutions to highly capable Autonomous Extra-Large Unmanned Undersea Vehicles (XLUUVs).
As an Electrical Systems Design, Integration and Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, integrating, and testing engineering solutions for electronic components and systems across the full product lifecycle, including both enhancing existing field units with the addition of new capabilities as well as architecting completely new systems. In this hands-on role, you’ll be working directly on state of the art maritime undersea projects, where you will have opportunities to collaborate with the Chief Engineer, technical experts, and our customers, as well as provide technical support to suppliers. The day-to-day activities of this position will primarily include integration, test and troubleshooting of maritime undersea electronic and electromechanical systems, during which you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional peers, lead and mentor others, and present technical challenges and solutions to leadership. Our Bi-Costal team is located in Huntington Beach, CA and Herndon, VA – with active growth at both sites!
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware for maritime undersea projects, including XLUUVs, payloads, and other integrated missions solutions.
- Support fabrication and test of prototype maritime undersea electronic and electromechanical systems including debugging and troubleshooting of manufacturing and design defects.
- Troubleshoot test setups using schematics, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Support electrical systems design efforts as requested over the complete product lifecycle including requirements and interface definition, electronic system architecture definition and component selection, circuit design, modeling and analysis, and electrical system test and design verification.
- Present design information and details throughout the engineering process.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance. An interim and/or final U.S. top secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering or other related technical field.
- Experience in troubleshooting electronic and electromechanical systems and associated test equipment.
- Experience with HWIL testing of embedded systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety).
- Experience in testing and validation of system designs to ensure they meet operational and functional requirements.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance (Secret, Top Secret)
- Experience in analyzing and translating requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Soldering Experience (IPC Certified)
- Diving experience (e.g. Commercial Diving Experience / ADCI Certification or DoD Diving as outlined in NAVPERS 18068F Vol II).
- Experience troubleshooting shipboard navigation, communication and power systems.
- Experience in working with customers in developing complex electronic, electrical, and/or power system requirements.
- Experience with battery system design and logistics, including knowledge of battery electrochemical characteristics and system conops / constraints to appropriately size and select batteries and implement system battery designs, performing selection of battery topologies, weighing energy densities, environmental effects, safety considerations, life, cost, maintenance complexities, etc.
- Experience developing innovative analog, power, and/or digital circuit design principles (e.g., frequency, voltage, thermal, bandwidth, mismatch) to design, simulate and layout circuit boards.
- Experience in optical systems design including infrared/electro-optical (IR/EO), visible, ultraviolet (UV), photonics, fiber, high energy laser, optics systems design methods (e.g., optical, opto-mechanical, supportability, life-cycle) for communications, measurements, surveillance, tactical, strategic, and weapons applications (e.g., component, unit, subsystem, system, algorithm, software design, low observables).
- Computing experience (electronic interfaces, military communication protocols, equipment environmental requirements).
- Team experience (Agile work environment, formal technical presentations, formal customer presentations).
- Experience with Engineering Release process (including conceptual design, drawing review and approval)
- Experience with production and fabrication support, including:
- Material Review Board (MRB)
- Non-Conformance (NCR) disposition
- Supplier Information Requests (SIR)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 1st shift.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.