Job ID 00000285978Date posted 11/10/2021Location Berkeley, Missouri; St Louis, MissouriCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a F/A-18 Equipment Engineer (level 3) to join the Core Avionics team in St. Louis, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong candidate to come into the program and learn and work under the current Technical Leads. This position will work closely with the customers and supplier to develop and document the complex system requirements.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader who is passionate about technical execution and continuous improvement. They should be assertive with a drive for excellence.
- Works with customers and suppliers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product life cycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
This position allows telecommuting at the current time. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Able to travel 10% of the time
- Experience with requirements, designs, and design analysis
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in all technical areas in accordance with Defense Industry project management standards
- Experience working with communication systems
- Experience interfacing and presenting data to upper level management, Program Managers, and Military customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to listen, assimilate, evaluate and summarize. Sound ability to communicate with partners and customer at all levels
- Knowledge and experience with the overall system engineering life-cycle development cycle from proposal development and requirements definition through design, implementation, test, verification and production
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years’ related work experience).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.