Job ID 00000286195Date posted 11/16/2021Location Eglin Air Force Base, FloridaCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Level K Engineering Manager to support F-15 flight test operations at the Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) Field Operations Site (FOS) located at Eglin AFB, FL, which is situated in the Northwest Florida Panhandle. Principle responsibilities will include providing day-to-day engineering management of the F-15 Avionics and Weapons Integration Labs at Eglin, as well as, several on-site test execution support activities. An emphasis will be on fostering a high-performing and collaborative Customer-focused work environment. The position requires close partnership with the lab Technical Lead Engineer to perform test support planning, develop test execution strategies, and creation of resource roadmaps necessary to maintain and upgrade lab capabilities to match new F-15 capabilities as the aircraft evolves. The position also requires interfacing directly with United States Air Force (USAF) Program Management personnel to determine manning, utilization, and funding necessary for lab upgrades and maintenance. Additionally, the position is responsible to provide engineering management of on-site Information Technology staff and infrastructure for unclassified and classified computing networks utilized by the labs and by other site functions. The position also provides functional management of on-site contract custodial staff. This position reports directly to the local Boeing Site Manager, and supports site-wide activities relating to employee safety, welfare, and morale. Regular involvement will be required to develop and supply metrics and status reports to both Boeing and USAF leadership.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options
- Interfacing with Information Assurance personnel to ensure local computing network and systems compliance (including DFARS)
- Interfacing with Information Technology support personnel to ensure computing networks and resources are properly sourced, updated, and configured in compliance with Boeing and USAF security requirements. This includes ensuring all personnel obtain/retain required training and certifications as required by the USAF.
- Managing the Real-time ground station facility, station infrastructure requirements, security approvals, and mission support activities
- Performing regular safety checks/walks, hazard/incident documentation, and reporting
- Ensuring test team activity summaries and metrics are collected and accurately reflected in monthly reports
- Coordination and writing of a monthly Contract Deliverable engineering report for on-time submission to the USAF Systems Program Office
- Ensuring all required TEMPEST, ATO, CONOPS, Mobility Plan, and SSP packages are regularly reviewed, updated, and submitted on-time to ensure compliance and uninterrupted operations for all classified work areas
- Ensuring all employees receive proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety shoes, protective eyewear, protective gloves, reflective outerwear, etc.
- Administration of the on-site custodial services contract
- Administration of all Material purchases under the primary Base Support Engineering contract with the USAF for the site
- Processing and authorizing all purchase memos for service contracts, system maintenance, and repair actions for government and company property
- Participation in site staffing and recruitment activities including making inputs to monthly staffing plans/projections, interviews, and hiring decisions
- Leading Lean and Innovation activities within the labs to improve site productivity and efficiency as part of Continuous Improvement
- Reviewing and approving local process and guideline documentation for the labs and overall site
- Represent Site Manager as delegate at Boeing and Customer meetings
- Review and help manage contract financial tracking (budgets, expenses, labor burns, estimates)
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience interfacing with senior management and high-ranking personnel
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Prior F-15 Engineering experience
- Integration Lab experience
- Flight Test experience
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent Customer relationship skills
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft, lab operations, avionics/sensors/weapons systems, and the requirements of classified environments.
- Experience with with Information Assurance processes and requirements (ATOs, CONOPS, TEMPEST, etc)
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.