Job ID 00000286538Date posted 11/08/2021Location Huntsville, AlabamaCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Huntsville Electromagnetic Effects Group is seeking a Senior Electromagnetic Effects Engineer to be located in Huntsville, AL. The candidate will mentor and coach lesser experienced engineers providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of engineers. The candidate will provide engineering and technical decisions for Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD). Main area of focus will be Electromagnetic Environment Effects (E3) analysis and testing, assessment of E3 conditions and Survivability assessments at the various CONUS GMD sites. This is a team lead position, with primary customer focal responsibilities for specialty engineering.
Assignments may deal with:
- Reviewing supplier and partner qualification data
- Nuclear Hardening analysis and test
- EMI/C analysis and test
- EMSEC/TEMPEST analysis and test
- HIRF/Lightning analysis and test
- RF Co-Site analysis
- Antenna Coupling analysis
- Electrical Power Quality and Load analysis
- Responsible for project planning and CDRL delivery
Other job responsibilities may include:
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under minimal mentorship.
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required
- 9 or more years of experience in Electrical Engineering
- This position requires that you work out of Huntsville, AL
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance preferred
- ABET accreditation is preferred
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electromagnetic Effects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.