Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in groundbreaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Plan and execute facility solutions and testing for actuator, starter and pneumatic components and systems throughout product lifecycle from development and qualification into production and then repair and overhaul.
The successful candidate will be an Advanced Test Engineer supporting one or more product lines on the Tempe campus. The primary responsibilities will be the preparation, coordination and execution of test facility solutions and tests on cabin pressure, actuation systems, start systems or pneumatic test requests – quality data being the key deliverable to our customers. Advanced Test Engineer work with a wide variety of stakeholders in all aspects of test facility design and maintenance, test equipment design, configuration and upkeep, test planning and test execution. The person, under moderate supervision, will leverage their knowledge of engineering processes, discipline and tools to plan and execute tasks and projects related to the development and certification of Honeywell Mechanical systems and components. Continuous improvement of our processes will be another primary responsibility as TS matures in its HOS journey.
· Design, procure, fabricate and maintain test equipment and facilities in support of repair and overhaul, production and development and qualification test solutions and the subsequent test execution.
· Workflow management via the Work Request System (WRS) – includes coordination with all Test Services functions, other Honeywell partners and outside suppliers.
· Being a steward of MT facilities and equipment – including development and execution of initiatives designed to maximize the value that Mechanical test offers customers.
· Oversee capital projects and large test programs
· Support estimates for new tests/programs and new test solutions.
· Build and leverage a strong network. Have a bias for following, improving and developing standard processes.
· Demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude and a working knowledge of pneumatic controls, actuation and start systems and applications as well as control and data systems.
· Communicate effectively with peers, customers, suppliers and leadership.
· Demonstrate strong project management skills (plan – execute – escalate).
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
· Minimum 5 years’ Mechanical Systems or Components Engineering experience
· Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
· Experience with Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems & Components
· Experience with Pneumatic and Actuation test equipment is a plus
· Experience with electromechanical devices
· Experience with facility control, instrumentation and data acquisition systems
· Individuals who take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
· Individuals that assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations
· Effectively using data to make intelligent decisions
· Multi-tasking and have the ability to manage a variety of complex tasks
· Proven track record developing test facility solutions
· Strong knowledge and experience in test engineering
- JOB ID: req316820
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 1300 W Warner Rd.,Tempe,Arizona,85284,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.