A Steam Power Station converts heat energy of coal combustion into electrical energy. A steam power plant provides a couple of benefits and advantages. Given below are top 5 advantages of steam power station.
- Coal is used as fuel which is quite cheap
- The initial cost of steam power station is less as compared to nuclear and hydroelectric power plant for same capacity
- The space and land area required is less as compared to the hydroelectric power station
- The cost of generation is lesser as compared to diesel power station
- Maintenance costs are lesser than nuclear power station
Also see top 10 advantages of Hydropower plant
Also Read: 8 Types of Electrical busbar connections