Top 15+ Hydroelectric Power Plant Auxiliary Equipment
A generating station which utilizes the potential energy of water for generating electric energy is known as a hydro-electric power plant. Given below is a list of Top 15+ Hydroelectric Power Plant Auxiliary Equipment.
Also see: Basic construction of hydroelectric power plant.
- AC or Alternating current station service
- Air compressors use for supply to the governors, generator brakes, and other systems in plant
- Cooling water systems used for supplying to the generator air coolers, generator and turbine bearings, and step-up transformer
- DC or Direct current station service
- Draft tube gate systems
- Drainage pumps used for removing any leakages (e.g water leakage from the plant)
- Environmental systems
- Fire detection or Fire alarm systems
- Firefighting or extinguishing systems
- HVAC system
- Intake gate or isolation valve systems
- Lubrication systems for alternator and turbine bearings and bushings
- Overhead crane
- Reservoir and tailrace water level monitoring
- Service water systems
- Switchyard systems: It involves a switching station which is the main link between the generating plant and the transmission system and other components for switching.
- Synchronous condenser equipment