A boiler in thermal power plant utilizes the heat for converting water into steam. Steam boilers are often classified into two types.
- Water tube boilers
- Fire tube boilers
In water tube boilers the water flows through tubes and hot combustion gases flow over these tubes. Whereas in fire tube boilers the tubes are surrounded by water and hot combustion gases flow through these tubes.
Universally water tube boilers are widely accepted and are employed in plants.
Advantages of water tube boilers
- Batter control
- Less space accommodation
- Better efficiency
- A smaller size of tubes
- Why liquid fuels are preferred over solid fuels
- Why condenser is used in steam power station
- Explain the distinguishing feature of nuclear power plant
- What is the role of the regenerator in gas power plants
- Why surge tank is built in close conduit Hydroelectric Power Plants
- Differentiate base load and peak load power plants
- Justify the rated voltage V in MVA breaking capacity of circuit breaker
- Types of faults on Power systems
- What is breaking capacity of circuit breakers
- Why Buchholz relay should only be installed with oil immersed transformers
- Why isolator is termed as offload device
- Why overload protection is not required in alternators