Question: How to start a three-phase motor using Single phase supply?
The single phase should be supplied to the pair of winding simultaneously with a start capacitor in series with the third winding.
The figure below illustrates the circuit configuration of the process:
A switch is added with the start capacitor and is opened upon the motor start. Sometimes a small run capacitor is retained even after starting.
The video below illustrates the above discussed schematic arrangement on a practical motor:
The video below illustrates the detailed steps of entire scheme:
So that was all about Motor.
Questions on Power Systems:
- Why liquid fuels are preferred over solid fuels
- Why condenser is used in steam power station
- Differentiate two types of boilers in thermal power plants
- Explain the distinguishing feature of nuclear power plant
- Explain the pros and cons of Nuclear power plant
- How hydroelectric power plants are classified on the basis of head
- What is forebay in hydroelectric power plants
- What is the role of the regenerator in gas power plants
- Why surge tank is built in close conduit Hydroelectric Power Plants
- Differentiate base load and peak load power plants